RE: [imapsync] Office 365 - 'Master User'?

From "Cossette, Patrick" <Patrick dot Cossette at uqtr dot ca>
Subject RE: [imapsync] Office 365 - 'Master User'?
Date Mon, 1 Jun 2015 17:53:54 +0000

Hi,

Sure, here's what I'm doing.

1- Create an account on Office 365 that will serve as the "master admin" account. You will use that account to login "as the user to be migrated".

2- Give this new "master admin" account full access on the mailbox to be migrated (the user mailbox which will receive the contents). Best is to do that using Powershell:

	Add-MailboxPermission -Identity user_to_be_migrated at domain dot com -User user_admin at domain dot com -Accessrights fullaccess -Automapping $false

3- Run the migration:

imapsync --user1 localuser --password1  PWCHANGED --authuser2 user_admin at domain dot com --password2  PWCHANGED --user2 user_to_be_migrated at domain dot com --pidfile /tmp/imapsync/pid/localuser-O365user.pid --host1 aaa.bbb.com --host2 outlook.office365.com --ssl2 --maxmessagespersecond 4 --maxlinelength 9900 --tmpdir /mailsync --useuid --disarmreadreceipts --nofoldersizes --reconnectretry2 0 --pidfilelocking --regextrans2 's,${h2_prefix}(.*),${h2_prefix}Old system${h2_sep}$1,' --regextrans2 's,^INBOX$,${h2_prefix}Old system{h2_sep}INBOX,'  > /logsync/$timedate-$localuser-O365user.log 2>&1 &

The two switches --regextrans2 are there in order to pu the messages of the old system in a separate tree, so the old and the new messages are not at the same place. Of course you don't have to do that.

Also, I just noticed in the FAQ that it is now suggested to use "--maxlinelengthcmd 'reformime -r7". I didn't use that since it wasn't in the previous FAQ, but I will give it a try, as I have a very small number of messages that are not being transferred; might be because of that.

Good luck, and let me know if you need other help!

Patrick