Re: [imapsync] Re: [bug] imapsync; Uninitialized value

From Gilles LAMIRAL <gilles dot lamiral at laposte dot net>
Subject Re: [imapsync] Re: [bug] imapsync; Uninitialized value
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 23:27:41 +0200

Hi Dave,

Let me try again. It's my understanding that:

* --fast is equivalent to --nofoldersizes

Yes.

* The *only* effect of omitting --fast and --nofoldersizes is that
   imapsync calculates and prints folder sizes.

The correct sentence for my brain is: The *only* effect of omitting --fast and --nofoldersizes is then imapsync doesn't calculate and doesn't print folder sizes. Or I would replace "omitting" by "using" in yours.

I think you use an idiomatic expression I'm not familiar with.

The presence
   or absence of either of these options does not change which messages
   are copied or deleted during synchronization.

Yes.

* Therefore, unless I have a specific interest in seeing the folder
   sizes, I should always pass --fast on the command line.

Correct?

Yes.

--
Au revoir,                             09 51 84 42 42
Gilles Lamiral. France, Baulon (35580) 06 20 79 76 06