Re: [imapsync] How does imapsync decide which duplicate to keep on the server?

From Gilles LAMIRAL <gilles dot lamiral at laposte dot net>
Subject Re: [imapsync] How does imapsync decide which duplicate to keep on the server?
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 12:31:22 +0200

Hi,

> >  2. How does imapsync decide which of the duplicates to store on the server? Is it the first migration wins? The version with the largest size?
>
> I wondered if it might have some logic like "These messages are duplicates, but this one is bigger, and thus must have some extra data, let's switch the one on the server with this one to prevent data loss.".

No since some servers systematically add/change headers even on a simple imap transfer (no redirection at all).
A long time ago imapsync used to take all headers + size as a criteria for "strict" duplicates,
but it ended with duplicates on host2 on many servers.

--
Au revoir,                             09 51 84 42 42
Gilles Lamiral. France, Baulon (35580) 06 20 79 76 06