RE: [imapsync] imapsync problem creating folders on host2 (from Ipswitch Imail to Rackspace hosted)

From "Russell Richardson" <russ at ionix dot net>
Subject RE: [imapsync] imapsync problem creating folders on host2 (from Ipswitch Imail to Rackspace hosted)
Date Fri, 8 Jul 2011 23:06:18 -0400

Ah, brilliant! Regex  did the trick, but I had to modify it slightly:

imapsync ... --regextrans2 "s,INBOX.,," --justfolders --dry
instead of
imapsync ... --regextrans2 "s,INBOX/,," --justfolders --dry

This created the folder at the proper level and when I ran the whole
command, it populated mail into the right folders.

Thank you for helping resolve this. I'll test a few more accounts tomorrow
to make sure it is fully working.

Au revior,

Russell

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilles LAMIRAL [mailto:gilles dot lamiral at laposte dot net]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 9:32 PM
To: russ at ionix dot net
Cc: imapsync at linux-france dot org
Subject: Re: [imapsync] imapsync problem creating folders on host2 (from
Ipswitch Imail to Rackspace hosted)

Hi Russell,

> Merci Gilles. This produced interesting results. It created the "test
subfolder" but placed it under "drafts."

Strange since imapsync did
[INBOX/Test subfolder]              -> [INBOX.INBOX.Test subfolder]

Try:

imapsync ... --regextrans2 "s,INBOX/,," --justfolders --dry

Options --buffersize 8192000 --nosyncacls --subscribe --noauthmd5 are all
useless.

--
Au revoir,                             09 51 84 42 42
Gilles Lamiral. France, Baulon (35580) 06 20 79 76 06