Re: [imapsync] append error migrating from dovecot to Exchange 2010

From Gilles LAMIRAL <gilles dot lamiral at laposte dot net>
Subject Re: [imapsync] append error migrating from dovecot to Exchange 2010
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 09:08:38 +0200

Hi Anthony,

> A sample error is:
> - msg INBOX.CLE.Gilsbar/8 {3427} couldn't append  (Subject:[Pay Premium
> Request Confirmation]) to folder CLE/Gilsbar: 17 BAD Command Argument Error.
> 11

Exchange often reports "error 11" for any error. It doesn't help much.

> Source server: CentOS 5.6, i386, running cPanel/Dovecot, perl 5.8.8
> Imapsync 1.422 (that I just bought because I was hoping it fixed the error,
> since the changelog referenced APPEND)

Yes but this APPEND issue came from a FETCH issue, now fixed.
Here on your issue the FETCH is well done, the APPEND error
is something else.

> Destination server: Windows 2008, Exchange 2010

Ok.

> --regexflag 's/(\A[^\\]\w+\s)|(\s[^\\]\w+)//g' \

Is there still problems with user flags on Exchange?

> As you can see, I'm testing on a single folder right now which contains
> about 8 messages, 2 of which fails as noted above, and the rest copy just
> fine.
>
> What other info can I send out to help troubleshoot this?  Here's a snippet
> from --debugimap, not sure if this helps:

--debugcontent will output the message content.
Search for 8bit characters in the headers.

> - msg INBOX.CLE.Gilsbar/8 {3427} couldn't append  (Subject:[Pay Premium
> Request Confirmation]) to folder CLE/Gilsbar: 17 BAD Command Argument Error.
> 11

Can you transfer those messages with another client software?

--
Au revoir,                             09 51 84 42 42
Gilles Lamiral. France, Baulon (35580) 06 20 79 76 06