Re: [imapsync] What exactly needs an Exchange 2010 Admin User?

From Timo Veith <timo dot veith at gmail dot com>
Subject Re: [imapsync] What exactly needs an Exchange 2010 Admin User?
Date Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:36:52 +0200

Hello Robert,

2011/4/4 Robert Rust <robert dot j dot rust at uwrf dot edu>
I actually am in the process of doing the exact same thing.  Per EW's
message on Thursday, the Exchange usernames need to be of the style
username at domain dot tld dot  So, my code looks like:

--authuser1 cyrusadmin --user1 w1234567 --passwordfile1
/root/.cyrusadminpwd \
--authuser2 srv dot dots dot exchangeadmin at uwrf dot edu --user2 user dot address at uwrf dot edu
--passwordfile2 /root/.exchangepwd

The srv.dots.exchangeadmin user has full access to all the mailboxes on
the Exchange server, as you said, but does not need a mailbox itself.  You
should be able to log into access a destination mailbox in OWA with the
admin credentials if you use a URL similar to the following (substituting
domains of course):
https://owa.uwrf.edu/user dot address at uwrf dot edu

-Robert

Thank you for your fast reply!
I tried what you have suggested but I still have no luck using

--authuser2 'exadmin at my dot ad dot domain' --password2 'pass_of_exadmin' --user2 'user_to_be_transfered'@my.ad.domain

If I try to login via OWA with the exadmin credentials and the special user url which you have written above (of course adapted to our environment) I get the following error message:

"Dieses Postfach kann nicht geöffnet werden. Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie vom Helpdesk."

Translated it would mean something like "This mailbox cannot be opened. Further infomation is available at the help desk".

Where can I do further investigations? Maybe the Exchange log if there is any?

Timo