migration to Exchange 2010 with admin user

From Robert Rust <robert dot j dot rust at uwrf dot edu>
Subject migration to Exchange 2010 with admin user
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:53:47 +0000

We are trying to migrate from Cyrus IMAP 2.3.16 to Exchange 2010 SP1.
I've gotten the 'admin' user access working on the Cyrus side, but not the
Exchange side.  Using account wsmith as an example, I can log into
wsmith's account on outlook web access (OWA) using my exmig admin user
credentials as well as my own rrust user credentials, but neither appear
to work for the imapsync.

$RCSfile: imapsync,v $ $Revision: 1.404 $ $Date: 2011/02/21 03:35:39 $
Here is a [linux] system (Linux imapsync 2.6.32-28-generic-pae #55-Ubuntu
SMP Mon Jan 10 22:34:08 UTC 2011 i686)
With perl 5.10.1 Mail::IMAPClient  3.21
Command line used:
/usr/local/imapsync/imapsync --host1 imap.uwrf.edu --user1 wsmith
--authuser1 cyrus --passfile1 /home/rrust/.adminpwd --ssl1 --host2
EXCHXGSRV.uwrf.edu.uwrf.edu --noauthMD5 --folderrec technology-services
--prefix1 INBOX --useheader Message-ID --exclude Spam --exclude Trash
--exclude Pilot Backup --user2 UWRF\exmig\wsmith --passfile2
/home/rrust/.wexmigpwd --justlogin
Temp directory is /tmp
PID file is /tmp/imapsync.pid
Modules version list:
Mail::IMAPClient     3.21
IO::Socket           1.31
IO::Socket::SSL      1.31
Digest::MD5          2.39
Digest::HMAC_MD5     1.01
Term::ReadKey        2.30
Authen::NTLM         ?
..

..
Banner: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
Host EXCHXGSRV.uwrf.edu says it has NO CAPABILITY for AUTHENTICATE LOGIN
Error login: [EXCHXGSRV.uwrf.edu] with user [UWRF\exmig\wsmith] auth
[LOGIN]: 2 NO LOGIN failed.

I've tried every variation of domain and usernames that I could think of
with slashes in both directions.  If I leave off the second username, I
can authenticate with either exmig or wsmith, so I know the password is
correct.  Any ideas on what I can check?

-Robert