Re: [imapsync] --subscribe --subscribed

From Gilles LAMIRAL <gilles dot lamiral at laposte dot net>
Subject Re: [imapsync] --subscribe --subscribed
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:14:32 +0100

Hello,

What are --subscribe and --subscribed for, and how can they be used?

In the IMAP protocol each user can subscribe to one or more folders. Then he can configure its email software to just see his subscribed folders list. That's an IMAP feature.

Knowing that, the imapsync help says:

imapsync --help
--subscribed: transfers subscribed folders.
--subscribe: subscribe to the folders transferred on the
                         host2 that are subscribed on host1.
--subscribe_all: subscribe to the folders transferred on the
                         host2 even if they are not subscribed on host1.

I have been searching documentation/faq/etc and have looked in the
imapsync file, but I do not understand.

No problem. If the above documentation can be better then just write it like you wanted it to be and I'll update it.

I've just added an FAQ item, copying this message.

--
Au revoir,                             09 51 84 42 42
Gilles Lamiral. France, Baulon (35580) 06 20 79 76 06