Re: [imapsync] move all email on host2 into a subfolder

From Gilles LAMIRAL <gilles dot lamiral at laposte dot net>
Subject Re: [imapsync] move all email on host2 into a subfolder
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 22:34:04 +0100

Hello Michele,

> since in our situation host2 will be already partially in use, I would like to move all mailboxes on host2 into a subfolder,
> let say "old_mails". Is it possible to to this with imapsync (maybe using host1=host2)? If not... do you know how to do that?

Even if host2 is in use you can transfer messages from host1 to host2 in the same folder hierarchy,
it is the way imapsync was written to : incremental copy.

Have a try on a test mailbox.

--
Au revoir,                             09 51 84 42 42
Gilles Lamiral. France, Baulon (35580) 06 20 79 76 06