Memory Usage

From Ameir Abdeldayem <ameirh at gmail dot com>
Subject Memory Usage
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:29:53 -0500

From my understanding, imapsync stores all the message headers in memory when iterating through folders before doing the actual sync.

Is it possible to break this down to a user-specified set (e.g. store 500 emails' headers at a time)?  I understand that might slow things a tad bit, but memory can be a big problem on some systems for some people.

I think the tricky part is comparing those 500 emails on the source to all the email on the target to avoid duplicates.

Thanks for the wonderful script!  I can see that it's definitely a lifesaver for many people.

-Ameir