Re: [imapsync] patch for 1.366: proxyauth support (Sun, iPlanet and Netscape)

From Gilles LAMIRAL <gilles dot lamiral at laposte dot net>
Subject Re: [imapsync] patch for 1.366: proxyauth support (Sun, iPlanet and Netscape)
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 02:09:48 +0200

Hello Jorge,

>  As I previously read on this list archives, Sun IMAP server expects the
> "proxyauth" method to be issued before being able to use administrative
> usernames.

Ok.

>  I have attached a diff that applies to imapsync 1.366.
>   ./imapsync .... \
>   --user1 real_user \
>   --authuser1 admin \
>   --proxyauth1 \
>   --passfile1 1.txt \
>
>  Please, feel free to test and use it. I hope this feature is
> interesting enough to be included in official imapsync.

Thanks!
Applied as is to produce imapsync 1.367

Can you write an entry for the FAQ file, just like you did
in your message but destinate to a user? (I'm lazy and
don't master the subject).

Also the usage line for online help:

--user1       <string> : user to login on host1. Mandatory.
--authuser1   <string> : user to auth with on host1 (admin user).
                         Avoid using --authmech1 SOMETHING with --authuser1.
--proxyauth1: ????
--password1    PWCHANGED : password for the user1. Dangerous, use --passfile1

Thanks in advance.

--
Au revoir,                             09 51 84 42 42
Gilles Lamiral. France, Baulon (35580) 06 20 79 76 06