Re: [imapsync] a change in 1.335 (still in 1.337) breaks syncinternaldates

From Gilles LAMIRAL <gilles dot lamiral at laposte dot net>
Subject Re: [imapsync] a change in 1.335 (still in 1.337) breaks syncinternaldates
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 02:02:49 +0200

Hello Phil,

It looks like a bug was introduced in 1.335 (still in 1.337) that
breaks syncinternaldates handling.

This is a serious bug. I don't check internal dates in imapsync regression tests. I should...

+ $d = undef;

Right before the APPEND is performed, the date we are supposed to be
using to sync the internal dates in $d is reset to be undefined.

The simple fix should be to remove that line.

You're right. I added this stupid line in test mode because Mail-IMAPClient 3.xx doesn't support the empty string in $d $new_id = $imap2->append_string($h2_fold,$string, $h1_flags, $d);

The fix may be simple.
Can you add "" support in append_string?

We need $d = "" because I discovered Date::Manip release 6
doesn't work like Date::Manip release 5. I don't know exactly what
and I don't want to spend time searching. I'll spend time changing
this bad module for another one. Date::Manip is also slow, it has calls
like "die" for a simple init call, unbelievable for a module,
we did see the maintainer changing the API (%z), too many
issues, I prefer to leave it and imapsync doesn't use it by
default since 1.337.

Waiting for "" support I may fix it like this:

$d = undef if ($d eq "");

Rendezvous in august 2012 for abandoning 2.2.9 :-)

--
Au revoir,                             09 51 84 42 42
Gilles Lamiral. France, Baulon (35580) 06 20 79 76 06