[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [imapsync] imapsync fails when transferring mails with "application/applefile" attachments


From keropen <keropen at tnde dot org>
Subject Re: [imapsync] imapsync fails when transferring mails with "application/applefile" attachments
Date Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:25:08 +0100

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Ralf Hildebrandt
<Ralf dot Hildebrandt at charite dot de> wrote:
>> If you search for Exchange + applefile there are quite a few
>> references to cases where Exchange will reject certain attachments
>> with the error "corrupt message content" if it receives messages with
>> wrong/unexepected mime types (- pdf files are often sent as
>> application/applefile). Looks like this can be solved with an update.
>
> In this case it was a *.doc sent as application/applefile.
>
> I change the MIME Type to application/octet-stream and the mails could
> be transferred successfully.
>

I think I got it wrong in my previous post, sorry. I thought it was a
fix/update for Exchange, but I don't think the problem is solved.
Looks like the only workaround is to change the MUA (e.g.thunderbird)
MIME settings - which won't help if you're sitting on large volumes of
already sent/received mail of course.

k