Re: [imapsync] --authuser1 and Lotus Domino

From David Liddle <david_liddle at sil dot org>
Subject Re: [imapsync] --authuser1 and Lotus Domino
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 09:35:08 -0600

Our site is in the middle of a migration from Lotus Domino to CommuniGate Pro using imapsync. I don't think that you would ever be able to use the user name and password for the "mail admin" in your migration unless you were to reassign the source mail file to the "mail admin" in the Domino Directory. If you're going so far as that, though, you may as well set the user's Internet password.

Michele Pensotti wrote:
Hi all.

I have this problem.

I'm trying to migrate some accounts from Lotus Domino 7.0.3 to Zimbra

The problem is I don't have the user's internet password, but I have the "mail admin" password on the Domino server
I also have already assigned full permissions to the "mail admin" on the normal user's mailfile.

I've read the instructions and lots of posts around the net, and the parameter --authuser1 "mail admin user" --user1 --password "mail admin password" should allow me to get all the user's messages/folders without knowing it's password.

However when I run imapsync it does copy the "mail admin" messages and not the "normal user" messages.

Here's the command line I'm using:

imapsync --buffersize 8192000 --nosyncacls --subscribe --syncinternaldates --host1 DOMINOHOST --authuser1 MAILADMIN --user1 NORMALUSER1 --password1 PASSWORD1 --host2 ZIMBRAHOST --user2 ZIMBRAUSER --password2 ZIMBRAPASSWORD --noauthmd5 --nofoldersize --authmech1 PLAIN --regextrans2 's/Inbox/INBOX/' --useheader 'Message-ID' --skipsize --sep1 '\'

I have also tried to use the -ssl1 and also -ssl2 parameters but with no better luck.

I'm using imapsync version 1.286 on a CentOS 5.3 64 bit machine; this machine also hosts the zimbra server (6.0.3 version)
The domino server is a windows machine.

Does someone have any clue on this?

Thank you in advance

    Michele