Re: [imapsync] Re: imapsync hangs when copying gmail to google apps

From Gilles LAMIRAL <lamiral at linux-france dot org>
Subject Re: [imapsync] Re: imapsync hangs when copying gmail to google apps
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 02:19:38 +0100

Bonjour Jay,

Sorry for the delay.

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Jay Strauss <me at heyjay dot com> wrote:
>> Bonjour (that's the extent of what I remember from 2 yrs of high
>> school French :),

That's a good start.

>> I'm trying to move my gmail account to google apps.  (Astonishing that
>> Google has not made a simple utiltity to do this, since I imagine
>> there are many gmail users trying to do this).

I think google code exists. I don't if this code is free, open and gratis.

>> jstrauss at black:~$ imapsync --version
>> 1.252

Too old for gmail.

>> When it runs I get:
>> Banner : No banner
>> Host imap.gmail.com says it has NO CAPABILITY for AUTHENTICATE CRAM-MD5
>> Then it just sits and does nothing.  No screen output, nothing.
>> Any ideas?
> Nevermind, I just noticed I'm using an old version, so I versioned up
> to 1.267 and it seems to be working now.
> Not sure why it worked before and then not, but seems to be going now.

Revision 1.261 started gmail support.

Au revoir,                               02 99 64 31 77
Gilles Lamiral. France, Chavagne (35310) 06 20 79 76 06