Re: [imapsync] Re: imapsync hangs when copying gmail to google apps

From Gilles LAMIRAL <lamiral at linux-france dot org>
Subject Re: [imapsync] Re: imapsync hangs when copying gmail to google apps
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 02:19:38 +0100

Bonjour Jay,

Sorry for the delay.

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Jay Strauss <me at heyjay dot com> wrote:
>> Bonjour (that's the extent of what I remember from 2 yrs of high
>> school French :),

That's a good start.

>> I'm trying to move my gmail account to google apps.  (Astonishing that
>> Google has not made a simple utiltity to do this, since I imagine
>> there are many gmail users trying to do this).

I think google code exists. I don't if this code is free, open and gratis.

>> jstrauss at black:~$ imapsync --version
>> 1.252

Too old for gmail.

>> When it runs I get:
>> Banner : No banner
>> Host imap.gmail.com says it has NO CAPABILITY for AUTHENTICATE CRAM-MD5
>> Then it just sits and does nothing.  No screen output, nothing.
>>
>> Any ideas?
> Nevermind, I just noticed I'm using an old version, so I versioned up
> to 1.267 and it seems to be working now.
>
> Not sure why it worked before and then not, but seems to be going now.

Revision 1.261 started gmail support.

--
Au revoir,                               02 99 64 31 77
Gilles Lamiral. France, Chavagne (35310) 06 20 79 76 06