Back to the Break Machine Page
Break Machine 1.4 - Freeware
"A popular Arkanoid clone, for popular arkanoid fans..."
Code, Gfx, Sounds, Musics : Fred Pesch.
Pov - Art : Benji Durin
Additional Gfx, Sprite Editor Creation : Mickael Bergue
Levels design : Natacha
Asm Optimisations (Vga Card) : Reza
Beta-Testers : Mickael
This Software is (C) 1995-1997, IO DESIGN
This Version is Freeware, this is the last and final version :
You can copy it as you want, share it with your friends, drop it, eat it ...
You're using this Program at your own risk but we inform you that
some people have a condition that causes them to exeperience an
epileptic. But that's normal, that's typically a "killer software"
side effect !
To play BM, you need
- a 100% IBM PC Compatible Computer with 80386,486 or Pentium processor
- a DOS-compliant system (Ms-dos(tm), Windows(tm), Dosemu, OS/2(tm), etc .)
- 530Kb of Base Memory (see your Dos Manual)
- a Vga card with at least 256Kb of Memory
- a Microsoft(tm) compatible Mouse with Dos driver
- a 3"1/4 disk drive.
for the sounds:
- 256kb XMS memory (Extended Memory - need HIMEM.SYS)
- a Sound Blaster Compatible Sound Card
for the music:
- an Adlib compatible Sound Card
In an another dimension exists an incredible World: BRICKANIA
The only thing we know today about this parallax World is its main
We use to call it : THE BRICK
Some Bad Monsters Came from this World to Make the Earth a big Wall !
So, We, the Earthlings, decided to Destroy this Atmospherical Wall.
The X-PAD 01 ship was especially designed for "Space Bricks Breaking"
But this is too dangerous to put a human in the ship so we employed
the Best Computer Player, You, to "Virtually" command the Ship.
The X-PAD 01 uses a new Weapon type called X-Ball but don't let the X-ball
Bounding on earth, we have only 3 negate-X-Ball missiles to protect Earth !
We will send you some Ship-features to help you but be carreful,
the Brickanians will send you Computer Viruses !
There will be ugly Brickanian's Monsters and be carefull when you will
reach the outer space regions :
the very big & violent WormTro'll wait you !
GOOD LUCK !
- 50 levels to complete, from silly to crazy !
- 5 Different animated (& mad) monsters (min. 60 frames for each monster)
- More than 20 ship power-ups : laser, multiball, and so on ...
- 999999e99 games in one : the computer selects the levels adapted to YOUR level
- Bonus :A special shoot-them-up level (with the wildest monster : wormtro !)
- Completly non-violent action !
- 320x400 undocumented resolution graphics
- 60 frames/s on a simple 486DX computer
- Sound blaster sound support, the best FM musics you've heard !
- Create your own game with the level editor
- Ok, that's just a breakout-style game but it's free !
You enjoyed Break Machine, let me know !
You found a few bugs ? well ... don't forget it's free, and now I dont have the time to fix these bugs, I know it's a problem but .....................now linux......................coooool..............Gates.......................Monster...........................
Last modified: Wed Sep 10 17:57:25 MET DST